- Emits non-sleep disrupting 658NM/1001 Kelvin red light (100% blue light free)
- Rechargeable and portable (includes USB charging cable; recharges in 3 hours)
- Strong and lightweight construction
- Dual sensors: dusk ‘til dawn and motion sensing
- Ideal for home and travel
- Long-life. Battery can be charged around 200 times, lasting about 10 years or more if properly charged and maintained
- One charge can last up to 30 days when set to Auto mode; a fully charged battery can last about 5 hours when set on Steady mode
- Mounting options including built-in magnet in back with adhesive metal mounting plate or 3M® double sided mounting adhesive
- Brightness = 3.901 lux
- Size: 72mm diameter X 25mm wide
TrueLight Luna Red® nighttime ambient red–light emitting devices are ideal for bathrooms, hallways, nurseries, bedrooms, travel, outdoors and camping. Blue light emitted by standard dark environment lighting has been demonstrated (link to Studies at bottom) to interfere with wildlife and sleep patterns, particularly in young children who utilize a night light throughout the sleeping hours. Our non-blue light emitting true red (658NM/1001 Kelvin) LEDs will not interfere with melatonin production, allowing you to find your way in the middle of the night without disrupting your sleep/circadian rhythm or disturbing nature.
It is not just light that we can see that comes from the sun. White light can be split up into a spectrum of many different wavelengths and colors. Visible light is just part of a continuous spectrum of electromagnetic radiation.
Our focus for Luna Red® products is on the red–light spectrum, which has identified benefits of providing non-disruptive to sleep and nature lighting.
TrueDark® warrants that this product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase by the original owner. This warranty covers the original purchaser only and is not assignable or transferable to another party. Warranty is void if device used for commercial use or disassembled at any point.
This product is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent disease. TrueDark makes no claims, representations or warranties regarding the ability of this product to cure any physical, skin or mental condition. A qualified health professional should be consulted with regard to any condition requiring medical attention. This device is intended only for personal household use, commercial use is not intended. As a therapeutic device, LED has achieved a FDA low-risk general wellness status.
- Exposure to Room Light before Bedtime Suppresses Melatonin
- Red light at night
- Effect of Light on Human Circadian Physiology
- Sensitivity of the human circadian pacemaker to nocturnal light
- Phase-shifting human circadian rhythms
- Resetting of the human circadian pacemaker by intermittent bright light
- Blue light has a dark side
Before using your device for the first time please make certain it is fully charged for at least 8 hours; charging thereafter should be at least 3 hours. Red indicator charging light will go out when the device is fully charged. A fully charged battery can last about 2.5 hours when device is set on Steady mode; when device is set on Auto mode the battery only needs to be charged once a month.
Please make certain that the device is being utilized in a room that is fully dark. The device has two different sensors: Dusk until Dawn, and motion sensing. In a fully dark room and set to Auto the LED lamp will light up automatically when sensing motion and will go out automatically after person has left or stopped activities for 15 seconds [+/- 5 seconds]