Article at a Glance:
- LED light therapy has been around for over 40 years. NASA researchers initially used this technology to grow plants in space. They later applied their research to medical applications to help astronauts prevent muscle and bone atrophy, as well as other ailments.
- Resounding research has shown that red light therapy is safe, non-invasive, and drug-free. This form of treatment can be used to help heal the surface of the skin, as well as deeper body tissues.
- Fortunately, red light therapy isn’t as expensive as it used to be, and you can use it in the comfort of your home. TrueLight® LED light therapy devices, for example, are designed to be affordable, compact, and convenient to transport and administer.
- Below is a list of helpful books about red light therapy that highlights the growing list of applications that you can use this technology for.
Red light therapy, also known as Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) or photobiomodulation, involves using specific wavelengths of red or near-infrared light on the body to help the skin, tissues, and/or muscles heal. Red light therapy’s ability to penetrate the skin all the way down to the bone, and reduce pain and swelling, makes it an effective health and beauty tool. Below is a list of books that offer education and helpful insights into how light can be used to help your skin and body heal faster and better.
The Ultimate Guide To Red Light Therapy: How to Use Red and Near-Infrared Light Therapy for Anti-Aging, Fat Loss, Muscle Gain, Performance, and Brain Optimization
The concept of using red light therapy to help the body heal isn’t really new, but it’s only recently become more accessible. What was once only available in research labs or doctors’ offices is now more affordable and easy to use from the comfort of home. In this book, Ari Whitten simplifies the science behind the how and why red and near-infrared light therapy can be used to:
- boost collagen production, reduce wrinkles and fine lines
- improve energy levels
- lose fat (nearly twice as with diet and exercise alone)
- reduce inflammation and pain
- speed up wound/injury healing
- increase strength, endurance, and muscle mass
- improve hormonal health and combat some autoimmune conditions
- optimize your brain function and mood
This 6x #1 Internationally best-selling book offers a comprehensive perspective on the healing powers of red and near-infrared light that’s based on over 50,000 scientific and clinical studies as well as the author’s personal experience with trying to help others overcome cancer. This book has been touted as “A must-read for anybody who’s serious about holistic health and medicine.”
Dave Asprey notably has a passion for helping people upgrade all areas of their lives. He’s spent the last 5+ years interviewing the highest performing humans all over the world on Bulletproof Radio in the effort to help others become smarter, faster, and happier. In-Game Changers, Asprey touches on the importance of light for the body; more specifically, how red and near-infrared light work inside-out to enhance mitochondrial function in cells, which in turn leads to several skin benefits and improved health overall. Game Changers offers compelling science and powerful recommendations that will help you optimize your well-being so that you can ultimately upgrade your life and performance!
The Light Around Us takes a more holistic view of the light by acknowledging that there is both good and bad light for the human body. It illustrates the negative effects that happen when you’re overexposed to artificial “junk” light — such as insomnia, weight gain, mood disorders, and heart disease, to name a few. The book also explains how certain wavelengths of light (like red and near-infrared light), and the intensities of those wavelengths, can intentionally be leveraged to help the body function more effectively.